Gummies, those chewy beauties are some of the most popular CBD options for people who use CBD for relaxation or health and wellness. Made from sugar, cornstarch and infused cannabinoids, gummies taste great and are fun ways to enjoy CBD. Their varied fun shapes and low concentration makes them a natural choice for adults.
But, not all gummies are the same. There are CBD gummies, Hemp gummies and THC gummies. While they are both gummies, they are not the same thing.
Many people categorize Hemp and CBD as one and the same, it is not unusual to find cases where they are used interchangeably. This seemingly misconception has led many to assume CBD and Hemp gummies are the same thing, and it has even helped to create an environment for deception by unscrupulous manufacturers.
Some manufacturers have been known to post misleading advertisements, calling Hemp Oil gummies, CBD gummies. While they are both beneficial in their own way, it is important we separate them as they serve different purposes.
Hemp and CBD
Hemp oil and CBD oil differ in composition and how they are sourced. Hemp oil is obtained from hemp seeds only while CBD is sourced from all parts of the plant including the flowers of the cannabis plant. Hemp oil does not contain CBD and as such isn’t CBD oil.
Hemp oil gummies contain hemp oils and neither CBD or THC. CBD gummies on the other hand, contain CBD and some other cannabinoids and in some cases, small amounts of THC (all products have less than 0.3% THC).
How they are made and their Composition
You would recall that Hemp seed oils are made from the seeds of the hemp plant. The seeds are cold pressed and extracted using carrier oils. Hemp seed oil contains just hemp and fatty acids. They do not contain CBD or THC and are not considered as cannabinoids. Unrefined hemp oil is dark to clear light green in color, with a nutty flavor. The darker the color, the grassier the flavor.
In contrast, CBD oil is made from all parts of the plant, including the flower of the cannabis plant. The oil is extracted using a variety of methods, but the CO2 extraction method is often the most preferred. CBD oil contains CBD, THC, terpenes and other cannabinoids. Depending on the composition of the source plant, we have different types of CBD oils – Broad spectrum, full spectrum or CBD isolate.
- Broad Spectrum: This type of CBD oil contains CBD, other cannabinoids and terpenes but not THC. THC is the constituent that causes the high feeling most individuals who use cannabis experience. THC has some benefits but the psychotropic side effect is a downside for the substance.
- Full Spectrum: This type of CBD oil contains all the constituents of the cannabis plant including CBD and THC. There are no exclusions in this type of oil.
- CBD Isolate: In this type, the oil has been stripped of all other cannabinoids and substances leaving only CBD. The oil contains 99.9% pure CBD without any other substance.
CBD Gummies and Hemp Gummies
CBD gummies are sweet, fruity gummies infused with any of the different types of CBD oils. You can have gummies that contain just pure CBD or those that contain CBD and other beneficial cannabinoids and THC. Depending on the one you choose, the effects are different. CBD gummies like the Wyld Raspberry are made from real fruits and are infused with pure CBD isolates. The gummies are edible delights that enhance every moment, offering stress and pain relief with every dose.
Hemp gummies on the other hand are fruity gummies infused with hemp oil. They may look and taste like CBD gummies, but are not CBD gummies and they do not offer the same effects as CBD gummies. Hemp gummies, like the oil, offer skin enhancing benefits but they do not offer therapeutic benefits for conditions such as stress, pain or anxiety.
Choosing CBD Gummies
As I have mentioned above, many unscrupulous manufacturers are taking advantage of the lack of knowledge/misconception of some buyers to market and sell hemp gummies as CBD gummies. To ensure you aren’t caught napping, here are a few points to consider when shopping for your CBD gummies:
- Do not buy from Amazon. Amazon’s policies do not permit the sale of CBD products and as such, all gummies sold on the platform are hemp gummies irrespective of the labeling or packaging.
- If the price is too good to be true, then it might just be too good to be true. Extracting CBD is a costly venture, as such; CBD gummies are a little pricey unlike what you would get with hemp gummies. Hemp gummies are cheaper (of course, extracting hemp is easy peasy), so if the price is a little lower than normal, take a closer look.
- Read the labelling. Some manufacturers list the compositions of their products in fine prints. I would say avoid these ones but it won’t hurt to just read and be sure that they are offering the right product with the right make up.
- Buy only from reputable manufacturers. Because the industry is largely unregulated, finding and sticking to a reputable manufacturer can save you money. Like for CBD gummies, you can always trust Wyld CBD gummies to offer the best value for money with a variety of chewy, real fruit gummies that offers a delightful experience and therapeutic benefits.